What is the schedule of a sailing day?
After breakfast we depart. We navigate among 5 and 8 hours daily, depending on the wind, the weather conditions and the goal. On our way we can make stops for bathing and eating on board. After dinner we get to our destination, a harbor or a bay where we anchor. We now have time for a shower in a marine and a long city walk. Later we can spend some time in a cozy restaurant or in a Cocktail bar, or even have a glass of good wine accompanied by soft music and candlelight on board of our yacht. We can call the day off.
If we anchor in a bay, we can bath or visit the island with the life boat. We can cook on board, or have a barbeque on the island. The bays are ideal for the ones who want to watch the stars. There are more visible stars here than in the city sky. The ones who want to taste the pleasure of a summer night with a clear sky can sleep on the deck.
The most frequent questions, with answers.
If I travel by my personal car, where can I safely park it?
- The departure harbor has a guarded parking place, with the costs of 5-7EUR/day.
If the passengers have questions, to whom may they address? In what language may they do that?
- The skippers speak Romanian, English and German, so there will be no communication problems.
How do you eat during the cruise?
- That is according to the budget and passengers’ preferences. In each harbor there are restaurants with different specialties. But considering the fact that on the yacht there is a fully equipped kitchen, we can cook our own meals (team work, no one will be appointed cook).
Am I a simple passenger, or do I have certain duties or responsibilities?
- During the cruise, a team is formed by the passengers and skipper, each taking over the thinks that makes him/her feel good about, like navigator or steersman. A cook, an accountant and even a “stores administrator” is necessary, but these are facultative responsibilities and can be exchanged among passengers. The skipper is qualified to manage the yacht by himself, but usually no one wants to be “just” a passenger.
What is the cash board and where do we have to pay it?
- This money is used to pay the harbor parking and the oil. It is paid when barking.
view detailsInformation for beginners
Can beginners participate in such cruise?
We try to answer all questions. If you have more questions or you need additional information, please send us an e-mail and we answer you as soon as possible. Thank you for your suggestions concerning this site.
view detailsFilms from our cruises
For a short look here is a small video on Youtube.
Yacht Club Transylvania
Since 2011 Sailingtours is founding member in Yacht Club Transylvania.
view detailsSailor’s luggage
- Sleeping bag (for cold nights, but it is not necessary on a regular basis)
- Waterproof clothes (it is very important to maintain a dry and warm condition of the body in every circumstance. Think about a combination of clothes you can use for sitting in the rain without getting wet)
- Bathing suit
- Shoes with light colored sole
- Sun oil with high protection factor